From the customer perspective, Disney is representative of a perfect User Experience. It tells a magical story in movies, then actualizes it in the real world through the Theme Park. Our competitive analysis UX (User Experience) tries to identify another company with a similar edge.Continue reading “Competitive Analysis UX: How Mediocre Product Win”
Our takeaways for Disney Stock Analysis 2022, begin with the pros:
- Sticky customer, kids watch Disney again and again. Come to its park every holiday.
- Theme Park shows significant improvement. We believe this year it will achieve its pre-COVID performance. Another good news is Disney keeps enhancing its places. Elaborate later.
- Though till now Disney+ still burning cash to run its business, the ad-supported content will be the game changer (unlike Netflix). Disney’s content is specific, family-friendly, and targeted. It is good for a third party to access Disney viewers. We will elaborate on this later.
- Disney stock price is at COVID level (July 2022)
- Disney runs an expensive business that needs a high amount of capital. Theme Park requires massive investment, even their digital content needs regular reinforcement like the Fox acquisition in 2017. Unfortunately, Disney’s balance sheet isn’t as spectacular as its magical story to handle all of that needs easily.
- Management fails our expectations. Under though situation – the COVID – they prioritize themselves and leave shareholders.
- Lack of tailwind. The key driver for growth is increasing Disneyland ticket or subscriber fees. Reaching more people is more difficult. Disney is simply not a fast grower company.
Ok, now going to the elaboration section. You can skip this post if you don’t want to go into further detail.
Oh, don’t worry – we keep this post updated regularly.Continue reading “Disney Stock Analysis: Ads, Park”
So, the wonderful companies are not the end. Right? Here is TLDR for good corporate governance:
- Sometimes there is a condition in which the superb management team could do almost nothing impactful.
- Capital allocation plays an important role.
Analysis of Netflix Stock is focused on answering this question: It loses 200 million subscribers in the first quarter of 2022. The streaming giant plan to launch an ad-supported program to cut the expense and offer lower subscription fees for the customer. Will this decision help company to regain or at least retain its customer?Continue reading “Analysis of Netflix Stock: Ads. New Chapter of Streaming”
If we inspect carefully the number of subscribers lost, actually Netflix is just fine. The streaming giant only lost 200 thousand subscribers from a total of 221 million. It is a tiny fraction, less than 0.1%. It is no big deal. Netflix said that number comes from 700 thousand losses due to Russian things. If we neglect Russia – Ukraine number, Netflix has an additional 500 thousand subscribers. Not bad. Far from it. Case closed. So, why we are here? To address a more important issue: Netflix’s Competitive Advantage.Continue reading “Netflix’s Competitive Advantage is Losing?”
In 2021, in the journey of its presence in the streaming business, Amazon snaps up James Bond Maker, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. In 2017, General Electric acquires Baker Hughes, the oil company, completing its acquisition in almost every industry possible. We know how it ends. In this article, we try to provide insight into the Management Analysis of Amazon. How good is its acquisition? How does it differ from GE? What similarities?Continue reading “Management Analysis of Amazon: Acquisition”
How it’s feel hit by something not real or intangible? Ask Samsung. In August 2012, The Jury decide that The Korean Giant has to pay more than $1 billion due to Apple’s patent violation. The jury declared that slide and bounce touch is part of Apple’s innovation property – thus, a company has to pay Apple when using it in their product. This content will discuss intangible as a lasting competitive advantage: including patent, right, and brands.Continue reading “Intangible as a Lasting Competitive Advantage”
Regarding its rising number of subscribers, Disney said that its streaming business does very well, even topping all the most optimistic estimations. In this analysis of the Disney Income Statement, we try to neutralize that euphoria.Continue reading “Analysis of Disney Income Statement: Inside the Magic”