Answering the question: Is Nvidia Stock a Buy or Sell? Shortly, we will say that it is “hold”. We even consider adding our holding. Today is a difficult situation for Nvidia due to Biden’s policy to strict further chip export to China. For us, it is a silver lining in the dark cloud. This circumstance offers an attractive price for us to increase our investment in the best chipmaker in the world.Continue reading “Is Nvidia Stock a Buy or Sell? Biden, Game, Datacenter.”
Competitive Analysis UX: How Mediocre Product Win
From the customer perspective, Disney is representative of a perfect User Experience. It tells a magical story in movies, then actualizes it in the real world through the Theme Park. Our competitive analysis UX (User Experience) tries to identify another company with a similar edge.Continue reading “Competitive Analysis UX: How Mediocre Product Win”
Business Analysis of Intel: Preparation for Valuation
Key points of Business Analysis of Intel:
- We believe Intel will get benefit from a government program that plans to fund 50 billion for the chips industry.
- In the normal old days, the vertically integrated that become Intel’s business model could serve as a decent competitive advantage. In modern days when the chips get smaller and much smaller, that competitive edge fades too.
- The chip monopoly with AMD should be a good thing, but this is technology. It needs to be stronger, faster, and better every year. AMD and Intel do not compete with each other. People and media bring them into the ring.
- Even if Intel could beat AMD, the ARM architecture poses a threat to x86 which Intel excels in.
- Intel looks cheap in the short term. It has strong connections with laptop vendors, government, and technology. But in the long run, the fierce competition – internal with AMD along with external threats like Qualcomm in the form of ARM – is waiting.
Let elaborate.Continue reading “Business Analysis of Intel: Preparation for Valuation”
Is Nvidia a Bargain Stock to Buy? Reality Checklist
Nvidia stock falls from 300 level in November 2021 to half of its value at approximately 150 level in June 2022. Is this a rare opportunity or an alarming bell for the chip industry? We try to analyze its revenue, business model, and issue regarding the chip industry. In the end, we hope the investor could answer: Is Nvidia a bargain stock to buy?Continue reading “Is Nvidia a Bargain Stock to Buy? Reality Checklist”
Analysis of Nvidia Stock 2022: The Money Game
TL, DR for Analysis of Nvidia stock 2022:
- Even under the company’s plan to transform into an AI platform provider, the gaming sector still becomes the backbone of the business.
- AI still offers massive opportunities. We have metaverse awaiting along with more AI adoption.
- Nvidia’s competitive advantage is solid, especially after the Mellanox acquisition.
- The most powerful edge of Nvidia is the connection with another big name, making it the most compatible chip manufacturer in terms of gaming, AI, auto, and design.
Nvidia Earning Analysis: From Chip to System
In the Fiscal Year 2020, Nvidia’s “AI business” resumed its astronomic growth, revenue from the data-center segment spiked more than double (124%) from the previous period (from ~3B to 6.6 B). In our Nvidia earning analysis, we try to understand what is behind that impressive leap.Continue reading “Nvidia Earning Analysis: From Chip to System”